Tmn Putra Prima 2

Tmn Putra Prima 2
Garden

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Beware of dogs!

Just yesterday we read a sad news whereby a jogger was killed by a Pit bull dog at Subang Jaya. This poor man never thought that having jogged in his own housing area for the past 20 years will meet such a tragedy. Just over the weekend I saw some of the residents are bringing out their dogs for walk at the taman and some do not even have the dog chained and let them roam free.

My wife encountered an incident not long before that being followed by a dog from the playground back to her house. Luckily nothing untoward happened. I wish and hope dog owners and dog lovers always keep an eye on your pets and if you let them out of your house please make sure that it is not unchained. You never know when and how the dogs will behave. I think no one from us will wish to read another news of dog killer anymore. Dogs are men best friend and not nightmare.

3 comments:

  1. As a responsible resident, appreciate if you could call the Majlis to come and catch these dogs roaming freely in our Taman as soon as possible. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well anonymous, that could be very harsh. The dogs just followed my wife, not chasing and barking. I had seen other places whereby the municipal is shooting the wild dogs and have loads of dead dogs in their trucks. That is very scary and cruel. Even if I have to, I will call the SPCA instead of the municipal because they actually captured the canines, rehabilitate it before put up for adoption.

    Right now I think the situation is still under control just want to make more awareness after reading a sad news like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is cruel but we can't always depend on SPCA to take care of these strayed dogs, it costs money and space to maintain the strayed dogs. Safety of human always takes priority over animals. The blame should be on those owners who let their dogs strayed freely thus multiply in numbers. I am a dog lover myself when I was young, my whole family took care of our dog and not let him roamed freely in the street. I was also a victim of dog bite myself because the dog's owner was irresponsible of letting the gate open and the dog was not chained. I had to get more than 10 stitches to stop the bleeding on my leg.

    ReplyDelete